We finish out our month-long breakdown of ‘versus’ horror movies this week with Consequence of Sound‘s Dominick Suzanne-Mayer, as we discuss the 1993 horror mish-mash Dollman vs Demonic Toys! A sort of half-movie cobbled from stock footage from three different movies in the Full Moon Entertainment catalog – Dollman, Demonic Toys, and Bad Channels – along with a bit of new footage, this film sees Lilliputian space cop Brick Bardo (Tim Thomerson) and a human nurse shrunk down to 11 inches (Melissa Behr) teaming up with a full-sized policewoman (Tracy Scoggins) to take down a cabal of laser-spewing, rape-happy toys. It’s only an hour long, but it’s just as ridiculous as that synopsis implies! Check it out along with our custom cocktail and drinking rules!
(Thanks to our sponsor Cards Against Humanity as part of the Chicago Podcast Coop!)
LISTEN HERE OR DOWNLOAD:
THIS EPISODE’S DRINK: Pahoota
We made a holiday drink after mistakenly researching the Christmas-themed Puppet Master vs Demonic Toys, but it’s still a creamy, minty bit o’ goodness. Don’t feel the need to take your time drinking this – the film might just be over before you’re done.
¼ oz black spiced rum
½ oz Orahovac
1 oz Meyer lemon-infused vodka
½ oz peppermint schnapps
2 oz milk
handful of Starlight peppermints
1. Combine rum, Orahovac, vodka, schnapps and milk into a shaker with ice, and mix until thoroughly combined.
2. Grind the peppermints into a minty dust, then rim a cocktail glass with honey and the peppermints. Pour contents of shaker into the glass and serve.
DRINKING RULES FOR DOLLMAN VS DEMONIC TOYS:
- Anytime someone – or something – blows up into chunks
- Whenever someone makes a size pun
- Every time a character exhibits casual/flagrant sexism (even the ladies!)
FINISH YOUR DRINK WHEN:
Dollman says to his cab driver, “We’re a little short on patience.”
Join us next week as we watch Sylvester Stallone face his biggest foe yet – tunnels! – in the disaster thriller Daylight! (Also, be sure to check out our CIFF wrap-up minisode dropping in the next day or two!)