This week, Grant of History Honeys and Chip & Ironicus joins us once more for Horror V. Octorbor, continuing our month-long breakdown of ‘versus’ movies with Alien v Predator! Paul W.S. Anderson’s limp, ill-advised match-up movie combining Fox’s biggest sci-fi monsters forgets what made the other two series good in the first place, basically remaking Resident Evil in an ancient Mayan-Aztec-Antarctican(?) temple, complete with paper-thin characters and dated effects. Still, we have a good time with our custom cocktail and drinking rules!
LISTEN HERE OR DOWNLOAD:
THIS EPISODE’S DRINK: Whoever Wins, We Booze
2 parts vodka
1 part Midori
2 parts apple juice
1 part lime juice
1 tbsp, creme de cassis or other blackcurrant liqueur
- Combine vodka, Midori and juices in blender with ice and blend until combined.
- Pour into cocktail class and top with creme de cassis, and serve.
DRINKING RULES FOR ALIEN V PREDATOR:
- Whenever someone picks up or brandishes a different weapon
- Any time Sebastian (Raoul Bova) spouts off pseudo-archaeological bullshit
- Every time you see Alien or Predator blood
FINISH YOUR DRINK WHEN:
Lex growls, “You are one ugly motherf–” (can’t say those no-no words, we’re shooting for a PG-13!)
Join us next week for our final Versus movie, which we wanna leave a surprise…so stay tuned!