This week, we’re joined by friend of the show (and Actual British Person) Ben Kaye to review one of our most frequent requests – Edgar Wright’s 2007 action-comedy Hot Fuzz! Wright’s followup to Shaun of the Dead offers even more elliptical comedy and impeccably sharp visuals, as top cop Nicholas Angel (Simon Pegg) is transferred to a sleepy British hamlet that is more sinister than it seems. Take a listen as we sing the praises of Timothy Dalton and make a few too many swan puns! (Oh, and check out our custom cocktail and drinking rules too.)
LISTEN HERE OR DOWNLOAD:
THIS EPISODE’S DRINK: The Crusty Juggler
3 parts brandy
1 part orange juice
5 parts peach tea
1 thumb, ginger
2 cups, almond milk
- Peel ginger with a spoon, then finely grate. Add in blender with almond milk and combine.
- Mix brandy, orange juice, tea (hot) and milk into a glass with a handle, and garnish with orange wedge and cinnamon.
DRINKING RULES FOR HOT FUZZ:
- Whenever specific lines of dialogue are repeated
- Any time you see a crash zoom on an object
- Every time you see or hear from The Swan
FINISH YOUR DRINK WHEN:
Simon Skinner (Timothy Dalton) says, “The truth is far less complex.”
Join us next week as we learn exactly why the gun is good and the penis is bad with the bizarro Sean Connery sci-fi film Zardoz!